The joys of eating are countless.
The joys of eating to help you sleep? We hope we have you're attention!
Did you know that many foods actually contain elements that bring on sleep?
We've rounded up 7 of the the best choices to help you settle down for some quality Zzz's!
- Almonds. Rich in magnesium, which is a mineral needed for quality sleep.
- Lettuce. It contains lactucarium, which has sedative properties and affects the brain similarly to opium. A salad with dinner could speed up your bedtime.
- Pretzels. Foods like pretzels and corn chips have a high glycemic index. After eating them you'll have a natural spike in your blood sugar and insulin levels, shortening the time it takes you to fall asleep.
- Tuna. Fish such as tuna, halibut, and salmon are high in vitamin B6, which your body needs to make melatonin and serotonin.
- Rice. White rice has a high glycemic index, so eating it will significantly slash the time it takes you to fall asleep, according to an Australian study. In particular, jasmine rice in particular brings on shut-eye faster.
- Cereal. A bowl of your favorite flakes before bed could help you get better sleep, according to the National Sleep Foundation.
- Honey. The natural sugar found in honey slightly raises insulin and allows tryptophan to enter the brain more easily. A spoonful before bed or mixed with chamomile tea could give you a more restful sleep.
We hope that these 7 foods not only appeal to your taste buds, but will also help you sleep better.
Are you in need of some fabulous sleep equipment? We've got you covered, shop here!