Delicious + Healthy Turkey Chili Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey or chicken (99%)
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- For topping: cheese, avocado, tortilla chips, cilantro, sour cream
- Place oil in a large pot over medium/high heat. Add onion, garlic and red pepper. Stir frequently for 5-7 minutes. Add ground turkey and break up the meat; cook until it's no longer pink. Add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt; stir for about 20 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans and corn. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chili thickens. Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary. Garnish at your leisure.
We hope you find some relief from the frigid temps with this delicious and healthy turkey chili recipe.